I posses over 10 years of experience in marketing and communications – from small businesses and as well from corporate functions in listed global companies, both in B2B and B2C sectors. My mindset is both creative and analytic, and I’ve worked from strategic planning to managing brands and graphical production.Currently my position is as a Brand Designer at SSAB. I have been honoured to work in the frontline when merging two B2B corporations (former Rautaruukki and SSAB) into a new, fresh and strong brand. In addition 2 years lasting integration work, my key responsibilities are mainly managing the corporate brand and developing the branding tools and of course supporting different organisations with all design related issues.
- Rautaruukki Oyj / SSAB AB, Brand Designer (Brand Identity and digital communications), 2013–presentRuukki’s brand development, branding tool management and supporting with the B2B marketing campaigns. Integration work while Ruukki’s and SSAB’s merger as a one international brand. SSAB brand renewal including design, implementation and supporting external and internal communications. Developing branding tools and guidelines and supporting role with event planning and other design issues for the other functions, like HR, Finance, Sustainability organisation etc.
Working languages English, Swedish and Finnish.
- TBWA Helsinki, Production AD, 2013Graphical design and production for Nissan marketing team.
- Roy Finland Oyj, Art Director, 2012–2013“ROI + JOY = ROY. The joy of marketing.”
My main focus in Roy was in retail marketing, creative design concepts, marketing campaigns, strategic planning and production for the B2C campaigns.
- Advertising agency SMOY Oyj, Art Director, 2008–2012SMOY is Advertising agency specialised in customer related marketing; including everything form strategy and concepts to e-mail marketing and optimising ROI. My main focus was in creative design and production for both B2B and B2C campaigns.
- Dream Mill Oyj, Production Manager, 2007–2008Production management for music videos, concert recording etc.
- Kaisaesteri (trade name), Designer, 2005–(present)I founded my company to work with illustrations, photographing and graphical design for books, magazines and record covers as well brand identities for small businesses.
- Lahti City museum, Archaeology Unit, Illustrator, photographer, graphical designer, 2004 & Feb 2005
- Lahti City museum, Archaeology Unit, Research assistant, summers 2002 and 2003
- + several customer service jobs during studies
- Designer/Goldsmith, Bachelor’s Degree, Lahti University of Applied Sciences, Institute of Design and Fine Arts, Jewelry and silver design, 2004
- Baccalaureate, Savonlinna Secondary High School of Arts and Music, visual arts, 1997-2000
Rantasipi, Restel Hotel Group, Metsä Group, Helsingin Sanomat, Oma Piha -magazine, Viherpeukalot, Cazze, Synsam, EMI FInland, Paroc, Tammi, Aller, TTS, Kirjatori, Hairstore, Suomen markkinointiliitto, Suomen kuvalehti, Transmeri
- Bronze Efﬁe 2010 (Viherpeukalot viral campaign)
- Illustrations and photographs for Aller, Forma, Sanoma Magazines, Kynämies and for various smaller publishers
- Album covers for EMI Finland, Johanna Kustannus and Konkurssi Records
- Illustrations and layouts for publishers such as Gummerus, WSOY, Diagonaali, Vuoksen Vartio and Lahti City Museum
- Tillander (Helsinki), august 2004
- Sanomatalo Mediatori, (Helsinki) Paulig Tahto & taito -exhibition, summer 2003
- Muoti-messut (Helsinki), Louise jewelry collection: collaboration with fashion designer Emmakaisa Soisalo, January 2003
- Design Museum (Helsinki), Design partners: collaboration with Paola Suhonen (IvanaHelsinki) and jewelry designer Jaana Virtanen 2002-2003
Photo: Mikko Rintala